Friday, January 30, 2009

Best and Worst Parts and Reasons Why

I think the best part of the whole novel is when Kit turns Askew's life around. That is the best part because Kit has mentioned that there is some good in everyone and that if you try and figure out what that good is, then you can make that person see the good in himself and become a whole different person. I think that when Kit told Askew the story about Lak, it opened up some light in Askew and made him realize that having family and friends is more important than ending your own life. I think the worst part of the novel is when the "death" game is mentioned and done. I think it's the worst part because it is certainly not a game that I would play so that I could win friends and the consequences of this "game" involve leaving someone unconscious and alone until he can come out and tell what he experienced. I think it's a dumb game. If you want to play a game, make it horseshoes or Scrabble or basketball or something cheerful and not something that has to do with death at all.

The first link that has relations to the book I'm reading is http://januarymagazine.com/kidsbooks/kitswilderness.html. I chose this link because it gives you a brief review of the book and some explanations about some instances that the other kids do. My links will be in a link list titled "Sites That Relate to the Book" so that's where my links will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment