Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Archetypal Blog

Since this is an archetypal blog, I suppose that the main character Kit Watson is an innocent embarking on a journey. He just moved to a new town to be with an older relative and is totally innocent of all the seemingly "non-innocent" characters in his neighborhood. He meets Askew who is not that nice-looking and he embarks on this journey to find the ghosts of his long-dead ancestors. The archetypal setting is pretty much gloom. There is a wilderness or a forest, some caves and tunnels and a frozen river since it is winter. There seems to be not much liveliness or color in this neighborhood. The archetypal action/event in this story is pretty much a journey to find his long-dead ancestors' ghosts and also to find a place in which he can belong. At first, he almosts becomes one of the ghosts in the pits and tunnels, but he eventually fulfills his journey and makes a someone who could be mean into a potential friend and everyone lives happily ever after, I suppose.

In terms of my history of reading, I read many books. Some I read for book reports, some for Accelerated Reader, some for English assignments, and others just for fun. Some of my favorite books are the Nancy Drew mystery stories, the Royal Diary series, junior novelizations of my favorite movies, and the Alice in Wonderland books. I never stop reading and I read something for fun when I don't have other work, at home or at school, to do. Some books I've read I didn't really like, like Ender's Game, because they just didn't appeal to me that much as other books might do. I read basically anywhere I can, when I'm not doing anything else and I like to read because it is fun and so I don't get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment